Sunday, 23 November 2014

Nuxe Rêve de Miel Ultra-Comfortable Day & Night Creams Review!


So a little while back in this haul I picked up Nuxe's Rieve de Miel Ultra Comfortable day and night creams. Now, after a good few months of using them, I can let you know my thoughts on them! 

I went for these as I have dry and sensitive skin, and these creams are aimed at that skin type, plus I already love their cult Rieve de Miel lip balm so wanted to try more products from the range. Both of the creams come in  pots, the day cream being in a light plastic one and the night cream in a heavier glass one. Although I personally prefer the look and feel of the glass pot, the plastic one is much more practical for travelling and taking away with you, and is great if you are someone who likes to keep their day cream in their handbag! 



The creams look incredibly similar (the day cream being perhaps slightly darker in colour than the night) and smell exactly the same; the mostly natural ingredients comprising of shea butter, honey, sunflower, argan & almond oils and safflower ceramides creates a lovely, lightly floral fragrance which reminds me of a wildflower meadow - lovely! 


As these creams are aimed at dry skin the formula is rich, however I've found that it is very rich and would be suitable for dry/very dry skin types. Oily skin? Stay away!!! These creams have a gorgeous rich, silky texture and are a dream to use, but if your skin does get on the greasy side do not use as they will just be too much. Even though I do have dry skin I don't use them every single day and alternate between different moisturisers, especially during the summer, as daily use seems to overload my skin with oils. I have however found myself reaching for them more during these colder months as my skin seems to be drying out a lot more. Because of their super rich texture I have found that the night cream especially is really lovely to use to give yourself a little facial massage with!

Overall, because these creams (although so lovely) are a bit much for my skin I probably won't be repurchasing but I wholeheartedly recommend them if you do get especially dry skin, and I would imagine more mature skins may like these too. Next on my list to try is their Creme Fraiche de Beaute 24hr Hydrating and Soothing cream - sounds dreamy!

Have you tried any of Nuxe's moisturisers? I'd love to hear what you think of them!

7 comments:

  1. I have the day cream and I absolutely love it... It's just amazing xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be perfect for my skin then, mine is so dry all the time... I definitely have to try it!
    The Caramel Cat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an amazing product, it looks so creamy and moisturizing- will definitely check this out!

    xx Melane || Pure Perspective

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blog post.. had a good read :)

    love your blog <3

    new post just gone up would love your thoughts http://myroutinesjade.blogspot.co.uk/

    have a nice day
    Jade
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always have dry skin, I will have to try this out.

    Meme xx

    http://thedayinthelifeofmexoxo.blogspot.co.uk/ (Hope to see you around on my blog <3)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have the day cream which is working wonders on my dry skin - although so great to know the night cream is virtually the same, guess I'll look elsewhere for a new night cream (any recommendations?) xx

    Erin | Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are very similar, they are both very rich and the night cream is essentially an even richer version of the day - they'd be fine to use together if you wanted, just maybe be wary of overloading your skin like these can do to mine! Another night cream I'm liking at the moment is Origins Night-a-Mins for normal/dry skin - it helps to renew your skin cells overnight, is nice and creamy but not greasy and it smells gorgeous! When my skin's particularly dry and in a generally bad way it's not enough, but most of the time it's great (: x

      Delete