Tuesday, 3 June 2014

Barry M 'Lychee' Jelly Nail Paint & Topshop Nails 'Pluto'




I seriously LOVE this nail polish combo! When I decided to paint my nails like this I thought it would be quite pretty, but didn't expect to be as obsessed with this look as much as I am haha - in fact I've only been doing my nails differently since purely because I've got a load of other polishes that I've been meaning to get round to trying for aaaages. 

Barry M Jelly Nail Paint in Lychee is a nude beige polish that is great for a simple chic nail on it's own, and has a beautiful glossy finish. It's also a really good dupe for Essie's Sand Tropez!

Topshop Nails in Pluto is really pretty purple glitter topcoat, consisting of fairly large uniform sized pieces. From a distance, I think it makes the nails look like they have an irregular polka dot pattern on, and up close the glitter is apparent and looks so so lovely (in my opinion anyway!) - it could even be described as a more 'grown-up' glitter topcoat. I think if you usually don't go for glitter polishes because you think they don't look particularly sophisticated, this one could well be worth a look!

As well as creating super pretty nails, I found these polishes lasted about a week on my nails before chipping, which is really good! I do find though that unless a polish has very poor lasting power, nail polishes do tend to last on my nails on average about seven days - don't know why, they just always do! I keep my nails quite short so that could have something to do with it, but I have no idea really. In any case, I think these should still last well on anyone (: 

What do you guys think about glitter topcoats? Do you think they're pretty or are you not a fan? 

20 comments:

  1. This is such a lovely combination! I absolutely love Lychee, such a pretty shade :)
    Carrie xx

    carriebrighton

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I really like it! Just had a look at your blog by the way and your photography is really lovely (: x

      Delete
  2. I love that combo :) I've heard zoella rave on about Barry M before but I dont think its available in stores here in Australia :(

    xx Jeremie | jerawrmie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh that sucks ): hopefully they'll be made available at some point! x

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It's great, goes with everything! x

      Delete
  4. This is definitely a more sophisticated glitter polish! Although I always end up quite disappointed with glitter nail polishes as they look so amazing in the bottle but barely an glitter actually comes out!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I know! If you want solid glitter nails you always have to do what feels like a million coats! Some of the Barry M finer glitter polishes give a good layer of glitter though (: x

      Delete
  5. How pretty is that glitter polish? They go together beautifully xx

    Gemma // Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  6. That glitter polish is so pretty! I never really use my glitter polished but I might have to dig them back up after this post! :)

    Eleanor -
    https://elesaurusrawr.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like that Barry M nail polish! I also like the nail polish combo. I might be slightly obsessed with the duo too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello dear!
    Love this post very much,it's so nice and pretty!
    Very inspirational!
    Hopefully you can visit my blog,would love to hear from you!
    xoxo Antonella <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the BarryM gelly paints- lychee is one of my faves, such a great nude colour
    Daniella x

    http://daniella-r.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really like this post,it’s very beautiful and lovely.
    You have an amazing blog!
    would you mind checking out my blog,and following if you like?
    Keep in touch xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a great combination :)
    I love BarryM nail polishes...
    I actually did a nail polish post on my blog, feel free to check it out xox
    http://urbanbeautylush.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lychee is one of my favourite Barry M shades!

    Carly @ www.floralfidelity.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this combo. Really beautiful, another must have nail polish duo on the list x

    That fashion freak Mill x
    thatfashionfreakmill.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. These colours are really pretty and I'm still a fan of the BarryM Gelly polishes - beautiful shine and some lovely shades to choose from! :)

    Layla xx

    www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. so cute :)

    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete