Tuesday, 1 April 2014

Seventeen Phwoarr Paint Concealer



In recent months, I've found that my skin scars from blemishes and dark marks are visible on my skin for weeks afterwards. I wanted to find a good concealer that would cover them all, but it had to be inexpensive as I knew it would be a product I planned to use rather liberally every day. 

Seventeen isn't a brand I usually go for - in fact, I never look at their products - but after hearing a lot of good things about their Phwoarr Paint Concealer, I thought I would give it a try. 

Seventeen's Phwoarr Paint Concealer has actually been formulated for use under the eyes, but as I wanted to use it on the rest of my face I decided to go a shade darker and get it in shade 'Medium' instead of 'Light'. I think if I had got the lighter shade it would have just highlighted any marks - not what I want! It's pretty heavy-duty stuff for an under-eye concealer, but I can see how it would work as it's nice and creamy, and I haven't found it to be drying.



I've decided to show you what this stuff can do on a mole on the back of my arm, instead of a blemish - I didn't think a great big close-up of a spot on my face would be very nice, haha! As you can see, Seventeen's Phwoarr Paint Concealer does a pretty good job of covering it - the scarring left by my blemishes isn't as dark as that, so you can imagine that it pretty much covers them completely. 

On my arm, the shade 'Medium' doesn't look like a very good match for my skintone - it looks fairly orange - but somehow it blends well on my face and doesn't look wrong. As I mentioned before, the formula of this concealer is creamy despite how thick it is, blends easily over blemishes/other marks, and doesn't accentuate dry patches. It has been likened to Benefit's Boi-ing Concealer and even been called a dupe for it, but as I've never tried the Benefit offering I can't comment on that. 

The only criticism I would have is that is isn't available in many shades - just the two, 'Light' and 'Medium', in fact. Really, I would have preferred a shade that was somewhere between two, as Medium isn't a perfect match and it's going over it with my foundation that really makes it seemless. Also, there's just no option for darker skinned guys and gals. However, overall I do really like this concealer, and the colour match is for me only a minor issue as I always wear it with foundation so completely blending it with my bare skin isn't a problem. It does the job, plus as it's so cheap, you can't really go wrong ;)

Have you tried Seventeen's Phwoarr Paint Concealer? What did you think? What about Seventeen's other products? I'd love to know your thoughts on the brand! 


19 comments:

  1. I never go for 17 might need to try something
    http://followeroffashionn.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me neither, but now I'm tempted to try some of their other products! x

      Delete
  2. It looks really good, I love 17! Shame it doesn't come any darker!
    Eden from edenroses xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, but yes the shade range is pretty poor - I find that's quite often the way with cheaper brands x

      Delete
  3. I've only ever tried a few of 17's products, never this one but it looks pretty good to me!

    abbiievo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd definitely recommend giving this one a go (: what other products have you tried? I'd love to know if they're a brand worth going for more often! x

      Delete
  4. Oh it sounds like an amazing concealer, I just wish they did a slightly paler version xx

    Gemma // Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 'Light' shade is pretty fair - it would work best as an under-eye highlight for me, but if you're paler then it might work for rest of your face (: x

      Delete
  5. I don't wear much make-up, but a concealer is definitely one of my go-to staples. Especially for nights where I didn't get enough sleep!

    {Teffy's Perks} X

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I'm gonna have to pick this up :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have not tried this concealer yet but hear so much good things about it <3

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great review! Is Seventeen a brand primarily available in the UK? I haven't heard of it before!

    http://amber-allnaturallybeautiful.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is (: it's only available in Boots as I think they own it x

      Delete
  9. This looks like a really great product. The only Seventeen product I've tried is their pore minimising primer which I love!

    Beth | BeautyBubbles♡

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great review! =) I haven't tried any of the seventeen products I'd never actually heard of them before reading this! =)

    Sal from http://novarellie.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete