Tuesday, 8 April 2014

It's Raining Men - Lush Honey Shower Gel


Before I get in to the main post, I just want to quickly say how happy and grateful I am for reaching 100 followers on Bloglovin'! I know it's not that many to some, but to me it's pretty amazing as I never thought that many people would really want to read what I have to say, as I just started this blog as a hobby and a way to take my mind off things. Thank you guys so much, and I have a special little post planned to celebrate, so keep your eyes peeled for that! Anyway, on to today's post... 

I'm not a big fan of showers - I take them, of course, but I much prefer baths however showers are often necessary as they're much quicker (usually... I'm terrible at speedy showers though) and easier first thing in the morning. Because showers really aren't one of my favourite things, I like to use really lovely shower gels to make them more enjoyable; enter Lush's It's Raining Men

It's no secret that I ab-so-LUTE-ly love Lush (as I'm sure everyone does!) but for some reason, until fairly recently, I'd only ever gone for their bath products - as where I live at uni only has a shower, I thought it was about time I branched out a bit and gave their shower gels a try! 

It's Raining Men is a sweet, honey scented gel and which smells just delicious! It's not edible though, as much as it even looks like real honey haha. It's not overly sweet or sickly like some honey scents can be, and manages to be somewhat fresh at the same time - probably due the sweet wild orange and bergamot oils it is infused with, to help 'add brightness and lift the mood'. 

I've found that It's Raining Men lathers up really well, especially when using a shower puff and with one of them a little really does go a long way. The little 100g bottle I owned lasted me nearly three months, which I think is really good. I haven't noticed that the scent really lingers on the skin after the shower, which for me is a shame, but it makes the actual shower a much more pleasant experience nonetheless. 

The only downside to this shower gel is, as with all of Lush's shower gels, the price. I had the smallest sized bottle and it cost £4.50. The 'regular' size of 250g is fairly pricey at £8.95, and the larger sized bottle is even more. For comparison, if you want to have a slightly more indulgent shower gel than your usual high street/drugstore offering, The Body Shop's 250ml shower gels are £4. However, as Lush's shower gels are so lovely, and It's Raining Men smells so amazing, I can definitely see myself purchasing it again despite it being a bit pricey - I adore the scent so much I want it back in my life soon!

Have you tried any of Lush's shower gels? Which one is your favourite? 

18 comments:

  1. Great review! I wish I could smell this product! I really like your blog, I'm following you now on google+ and bloglovin. Checkout my blog and if you like it follow me too so we can keep in touch :D

    http://perlasancheza.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice, lush is great!!1

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, definitely one of my favourite shops! x

      Delete
  3. Oooh i love anything Lush, I actually have this product but havent used it! Will have to crack it open! xo

    http://rachelnicole.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh yes do! It smells soooo good! x

      Delete
  4. I love anything honey scented so I definitely need to buy this, I've never even seen it before when I've been in the stores! Obviously not keeping my eyes peeled enough
    tomorrow's face

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you find it! It's a really lovely shower gel to treat yourself with (: x

      Delete
  5. I like to use Lush body washes as a special occasion or pamper evening kind of thing. For that, they're absolutely perfect. Havn't smelt this one yet, I know, where have a been right? haha. Definitely want to get my hands on it though!

    Deb | Debra Bros Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds delicious! I have to say I've never really had any LUSH products but they seem to be everywhere at the moment. Must invest in some bath goodies. I just followed you on bloglovin and twitter :)
    Hannah | twoforjoy | xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds so great! I love Lush :) Congratulations on 100 blog lovin followers :) xx

    http://handpickedbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lush place makes good products, doesn't matter what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely adore Lush! I have seen this product, and I think I will try it out! Thanks so much for the recommendation :) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am all about honey scents, I'll have to check this out next time I'm in Lush! Thanks for sharing!

    xx Angie | http://www.thefashionfuse.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow this sounds amazing. I so love honey scented anything, so I just know I'd love this xx

    Gemma // Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all lush products, but I agree, they can be a bit pricier. Especially here in Canada! Congrats on 100 followers, this community is pretty great eh?

    -A | Mirror, Mirror

    ReplyDelete
  13. I very nearly bought this a few weeks ago whilst browsing the website. I'm going to give it a sniff in store this weekend and see if I like it.

    IAmLinderella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete