Monday, 17 March 2014

Night Sky Nails - Essie's 'No More Film' & 'A Stroke Of Brilliance'


Apologies for the quality of this photo... just couldn't get it quite right for some reason, hard as I tried.

Now I've got two pieces of coursework out of the way, as a reward I've allowed myself to write a blog post - woooo! Using my blog as a reward is a really good way to stop myself from using it to procrastinate, too...

Anyway, a little while ago now I picked up these two nail polishes from Essie (quickly becoming my favourite brand for nail polish) - No More Film and A Stroke Of Brilliance

In the above photo you can see that I've layered the two polishes up, and the look of them together reminds me of a clear night sky, where everywhere you look you can see the stars twinkling. I personally think A Stroke Of Brilliance would work best as top coat, like most glitter polishes do, although in the above picture I do only have one coat of it on, so I suppose after 2 or 3 coats it could look quite opaque and is maybe something to try if you want super glittery nails! It has a mix of blue and silver glitter in differently sized pieces, creating and almost 3D sparkle effect - very pretty. The only thing I would say is that I found application ever so slightly tricky, as a few of the glitter pieces wanted to stand upright for some reason, but sweeping the brush over them a couple of times rectifies this - just do it quickly before the polish starts to go tacky! 

Although not pictured without glitter over the top, No More Film is a gorgeous dark blue/violet that looks very chic, sophisticated and glossy on its own. I was immediately attracted to the shade because it seemed to be a bit of an unusual colour for a nail polish, and is perfect for an understated dark nail with a bit of a difference. 

These polishes lasted a good few days on my nails, they only started to chip after about 4 or 5 days of wear, not as long as I've found some polishes to last but pretty good by any means (: 

What do you think of these two polishes? Are you a fan of Essie? 

12 comments:

  1. omg essie! <3 they both look really good and compliment each other well, good choice!

    xx Jeremie | jerawrmie.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they're super pretty! Love Essie so much (: x

      Delete
  2. I am in love with Essie! I've only tried their nude and pink colours, but these too are really pretty so I may have to try them too

    Liz, Style by 1415 x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, they're so pretty! If you want to try something a bit brighter and different but don't want to to stray too far from pink shades, try Splash Of Grenadine - it's a lovely pink-lilac shade (: x

      Delete
  3. There are polish brands that I enjoy more than Essie, but I love your manicure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of these shades are gorgeous, I love that glitter top coat xx

    Gemma | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the color, so pretty :)

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is, must try more of Essie's darker shades! x

      Delete
  6. This nail polish combo looks great! && You've got a lovely blog :)

    marieaimelavie.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love both of these colors and they look amazing together!

    ReplyDelete