Monday, 13 January 2014

The Body Shop Vanilla Bliss Shower Gel & Shimmer Lotion Review!


Vanilla is one of my absolute favourite scents. I basically love anything that smells like a dessert - vanilla, ginger, chocolate, cinnamon, coconut, the list is endless. That being said, one of my favourite ranges in The Body Shop has always been their Vanilla products. For some reason, the full range is now only limited edition, and this breaks my heart. They offer do offer the Madagascan Vanilla Flower Range now, which is nice, but it isn't as extensive and just isn't the same.

The 'traditional' vanilla range of products was released for a limited time over the festive period under the name 'Vanilla Bliss', and when I saw it had to pick up some of my beloved vanilla-scented faves while I had the chance. 




Upon opening the shower gel, first impression was that the scent had changed slightly compared to the original. Unfortunately I no longer have any of my old bottles to compare ingredients to know for sure if any significant changes have been made, but it seems to me that the old vanilla range had a  much heavier scent, whereas the Vanilla Bliss products have a much lighter, creamier fragrance - it reminds me exactly of fresh, cold vanilla ice cream, and (as much as I loved the old range) I think it's a very welcome improvement. 

The Vanilla Bliss Shower Gel feels lovely and creamy against the skin, and very soothing - perfect for sensitive skins. It lathers up beautifully and fills your shower with a light and delicate, but also fresh, scent. Delicious!


I also picked up the Vanilla Bliss Shimmer Lotion, as with a tall bottle just like the shower gel, it seemed like the perfect partner to it.  The lotion does look very shimmery through the bottle, but when transferred on to the skin and massaged in, it gives the loveliest glimmering glow and doesn't look at all overly-glittery. This is great as it means this lotion isn't one you should avoid slathering all over yourself for your day-to-day body moisturiser. It shares the same light and creamy fragrance as the shower gel, and all the other products in the Vanilla Bliss range. It also contains skin-nourishing Shea Butter.


I couldn't help but pick up a limited edition Vanilla Bliss Body Butter as well, as Body Shop butters are much richer than lotions and I like to be able to choose what kind of moisturising product I want to use day-to-day, while sticking with a favourite fragrance (or am I just trying to justify the splurge...? ha). I haven't used any of it yet but I'm sure I'll love it just as much as previous body butters I've purchased from The Body Shop. And I didn't stop there - I also got a little Vanilla Bliss lip balm which is unfortunately all sold out online now, but you may still be able to find it in stores. It smells super yummy and only a small amount of the product offers a surprising amount moisturisation. It's also very subtly glittery, and I personally really like that about it.


If you couldn't already tell, I absolutely love the Vanilla Bliss range and I am so so sad that it was limited edition! I will definitely be stocking up on this same time next year, and in the meantime I'll keep my fingers crossed for it to come back permanently. 


Do you love the Vanilla Bliss range as much as me? Did you purchase any of The Body Shop's other limited edition ranges' products?

11 comments:

  1. omg I'm totally down for anything that says 'shimmery'! and I'm a big fan of vanilla scent - it's always super soothing and calming to smell vanilla xx

    Check out my blogpost featuring UNIF holographic and origami goodness! :)
    AL xx
    RASSP blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! Vanilla is one of my all-time favourite scents (: x

      Delete
  2. You should work on the format of your blog - as well as utilizing large images for your products, etc. Other than that, lovely blog darling! :)

    Vieve, xx

    www.bonjourvieve.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you (: I know larger images would be a lot better, but I'm fairly new to blogger and still getting to grips with everything! Will get there in the end I'm sure haha x

      Delete
  3. I love the Body shop, normally I get the coconut range, but I love anything vanilla- so need to give this a go!
    Daniella x

    http://daniella-r.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh the Coconut range is one of my favourites too!

      Delete
  4. Yum, I love the smell of vanilla! Body Shop has such great products, but I think they can be quite expensive sometimes. I recently bought a body butter in sale for only £5! Yay!

    Sofie x
    Little green Sofie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes their products can definitely be a little pricey - that's why I like to really take advantage of their sales! £5 is such a bargain! (:

      Delete
  5. I love vanilla too! I used to wear vanilla scented things all the time. That's changed now, but I still do like it. :)

    Christina
    http://kissesandflowers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete