Tuesday, 7 January 2014

The Body Shop Ginger Sparkle Shower Gel & Shimmer Lotion Review!


I recently went on a bit of a Body Shop splurge haha, so I'll slowly be getting through the products and reviewing them all on here over the coming weeks - keep your eyes peeled! 

The Body Shop is one of my favourite shops, and I absolutely love treating myself to a few body and skincare products from them now and again, and I also regularly purchase my makeup from them (their Moisture Foundation is really great - I'll do a review at some point as I've repurchased it three times now). 


I thought I'd start off with the Ginger Sparkle Shower Gel (all sold out online now I believe, but still available in stores) and Ginger Sparkle Shimmer Lotion. I really love warming, spicy scents, so when the Ginger Sparkle range was released for the festive period I knew that I would have to get my hands on some of the products. 




The scent of the range is actually very refreshing - it's not overly heavy and reminds me of a cold glass of sparkling ginger ale. Because of this (although the range was only released for Christmas, and is now in their sale) I think the fragrance is appropriate for any time of year. I like to use a puffy body polisher such as this one when I shower, so only a small amount of this shower gel is needed to create a luxurious, delicious smelling lather that feels silky on the skin. 




The Ginger Sparkle Shimmer Lotion is a creamy body lotion containing shea butter, with a useful pump-applicator to dispense the product. It of course has the same fresh, ginger fragrance as the shower gel, making the pair the perfect duo. In the bottle, the lotion looks pretty shimmery (hence 'shimmer lotion'), almost glittery, but when massaged into the skin it leaves a noticeable but subtle shimmering glow - ideal for getting your skin smelling amazing and party ready, but not too much for every day also.

I'm in love with this pair and the entire Ginger Sparkle range(I also picked up the Body Butter and Hand Cream - both just as delicious!), and I'm yet to be disappointed with a product from The Body Shop (: Have you tried any products from this range? What's your favourite Body Shop purchase? 


17 comments:

  1. Love the sound of this, hoping I might be able to grab this on sale tomorrow in store!
    Cornelia - Ineffable Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so nice! When I was last in a Body Shop store they had loads of sale items left, so hopefully you'll be in luck!

      Delete
  2. I love their scent! =)

    http://mypetitecorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is so gorgeous, isn't it? (:

      Delete
  3. Oooh! I really need to check out The Body Shop sale asap! :)

    http://ellistuesday.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! They still have quite a lot of products left and there are some good bargains (:

      Delete
  4. Ahh I so love the Body Shops shower gels! They lather up so well! I've never tried this scent before so I'll need to try it next winter! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so nice, smells good enough to eat haha! I'll be so disappointed if it doesn't come round again, so hopefully it will!

      Delete
  5. I loveeeed the gingerbread range from the body shop but never got anything this time!! Glad you liked it! :))

    www.hbbeautyblog.blogspot.com

    Hannah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You might still be able to find some stuff in the sale, but definitely look out for it next time! (:

      Delete
  6. I got something from this collection last year, the smell is pretty nice :)

    Kayla
    sheerbeautyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It smells so good! Glad you liked it (:

      Delete
  7. They sound amazing, I wish that I wasn't allergic to The Body Shop products :( I might make some gingerbread today to make up for it, so delicious! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh nooo! Maybe look into making homemade body products like scrubs etc, and add ginger extract to them? Baking gingerbread sounds like a brilliant plan though, making me hungry!

      Delete
  8. The little ginger man is super cute! Need to try this one, because I think I'd love it :)

    xo Mélane
    Selfhelp | Inspiration | Motivation

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got these for Christmas but ended up just adding them to the long line of shower products in the spare bathroom- now I know they're really good I should dig them out and get trying them!xx

    ReplyDelete