Wednesday, 29 January 2014

NARS 'Orgasm' Blush Review!




Last month I made my first Nars purchase, and of course it was one of their much raved about blushes, in the cult shade 'Orgasm'.

The blush compact is a plain, matte black, rubberised compact sporting the Nars logo across the lid. I love the style of Nars' packaging, however because of the texture, I feel it will easily pick up dirt and finger marks.


I was a little disappointed when I opened the compact. Nars Orgasm is described as a 'peachy pink with golden shimmer', and it definitely had the gold shimmer, but to me it looked more of a brick-orange toned pink colour in the pan (I don't think this really translates in the above photographs), and not what I was expecting.


However, I should not have feared! On the skin it really is beautiful. It is definitely the peachy pink it is described as, and the golden shimmer isn't too much (although I do love a bit of sparkle) - it gives the cheeks a lovely warm glow.



I think Orgasm suits my fair skintone very well. A little definitely goes a long way with this blush, and in the above photo I only have a light dusting over my cheek. It builds easily though for a bolder look, or to be more noticeable on darker skintones than mine. 


I love this blush and can clearly see why Nars Orgasm is such a cult product, definitely super happy with this purchase and I can't wait to start a collection of Nars blushes (: 


Do you own Nars Orgasm? Have you tried any of Nars' other blush shades?

23 comments:

  1. I haven't tried any NARS products (shock horror!) as i'm still in school and they're a bit too expensive for me! haha! although orgasm is pretty :O xx

    Sharlotte // Sharlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is pricey, but it's so worth it! However, a really great and super affordable dupe is Sleek's blush in 'Rose Gold' (:

      Delete
  2. I've never tried a Nars blusher, but I've heard nothing but great things about them! This one looks gorgeous!
    Eden from edenroses xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, with everyone raving about them I had to get my hands on one! Definitely invest in one, because they're so pigmented you only need to use a little, so they'll last for ages (:

      Delete
  3. I got this blusher for Christmas and I absolutely love it! Great review!

    Mademoiselle-Lala.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luck you! It's so flattering on every skintone (:

      Delete
  4. There's been so much hype over this product. I really wanted to try it out but wasn't sure if it was worth the money. This definitely suits your skintone though, it looks lovely.

    IAmLinderella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you (: I personally think it really is worth the money, but Sleek offer a good dupe if you decide it's too much of an expense (:

      Delete
  5. I have it and I love it! One of my favourite blushes.

    Ray | Obey Ray

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone who owns this seems to say it's one of their faves! No wonder it's such a cult product (:

      Delete
  6. That colour looks gorgeous on you x

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks so pretty on. I have to get myself a nars blusher, I've been eyeing them up for too long! x x x


    STYLE STACK - A personal style blog

    STYLE STACK - A personal style blog

    STYLE STACK - A personal style blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! They're such great quality and I can tell this one will last for aaaages!

      Delete
  8. Love the shade of this blush looks soo pretty and girly :)
    http://hollykatebeautyblogger.blogspot.co.uk/

    holly x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is the perfect feminine peachy-pink shade (:

      Delete
  9. I've heard so many good thing about this blush! I'll definitely need to give this a whirl:
    Make sure to check my blog out:
    MAJOTRON.BLOGSPOT.CO.UK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely do! You'll absolutely love it (:

      Delete
  10. This blush looks gorgeous! I have Deep Throat and Lustre which I also love, but this looks perfect for spring and summer. I also have the Sleek Rose Gold blush which is similar but a lot less expensive..! :) x

    Rachael | www.overdosedemaquillage.com ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. your winged eyeliner is perfect! looks so good :)

    jerawrmie.blogger.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this blush so much, there is nothing like it for creating a beautiful flushed/glowy look! I agree about the packaging though - shows fingermarks so easily! x

    ReplyDelete