Thursday, 26 December 2013

Nuxe Rêve de Miel Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm Review!



The Nuxe Rêve de Miel Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm seems to be a cult product with many a beauty blogger, and as it's highly recommended for tackling sore, chapped lips, when I saw it on offer I decided to try it out. It contains a host of nourishing ingredients, including Shea Butter and Honey. 

This lip balm isn't really what I was expecting, mainly because it has a matte finish on the lips, and leaves them with a slightly 'tacky' texture. It has a super thick consistency (which I was expecting!) and is ideal as an overnight treatment of the lips - you can still slightly feel the product on your lips the following morning, so you know it hasn't rubbed off at all and has just slowly sunk in to them throughout the night. 


During the day, it's a great option to go for to help make lipstick last a long time, due to it's tacky texture. I do, however, like a low-maintenance lip, so for when wearing the balm alone I like to put a small amount of a more 'glossy' balm over the top, such as Lush's Ultrabalm, to counteract the tackiness as it can feel a little strange. 


One last thing I must mention about this balm, is the scent - it's gorgeous. It's a sweet orange smell, and I think it smells exactly like a Fry's Orange Cream chocolate bar. Every time I use it, it makes me want one!


Overall I have to agree with the other beauty bloggers - it has done wonders for my lips, which have been suffering during this winter weather and have been recovering from a reaction from a different lip balm.


Have you tried this balm, or any other products from Nuxe's Rêve de Miel range? What did you think?

7 comments:

  1. Such a great post! :) I have never used this range in particular! I tend to use baby lips! :)

    http://novarellie.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm pretty sure this lip balm is in the sale on Feelunique at the moment if you wanted to give it a go (: the Rêve de Miel range is all about nourishment and so does amazing things for your skin! I've never tried Baby Lips though, would you recommend? x

      Delete
  2. I got this for Christmas and I'm loving it too!
    I know exactly what you mean about it lasting all through the night, but I quite like the finish it gives.
    Great review!

    Emily x - prettypleaseblog.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's so good for going out in the cold, harsh winds we've been having at the moment! x

      Delete
  3. I love lip balms and i saw this one in store the other day, it must smell (and taste?) so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest, it doesn't taste like much - probably a good thing otherwise I might be in danger of eating the entire tub, and that really wouldn't be good haha!

      Delete
  4. Gah! I just picked this up the other day and I’m just obsessed. Loves it!!

    www.beccamy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete