Sunday, 29 December 2013

Dabbling in Youtube!


A month or two ago I filmed and uploaded a couple of Youtube beauty videos, just to see how it felt to be on film like that (I've never filmed anything before), and to 'test the waters' of Youtube, so to speak.

In these first videos, I felt quite unnatural and not entirely myself, which seems silly because when I filmed them, I was on my own with no one watching. I think it's the thought that you know you're going to then upload the video to the internet, where potentially hundreds of people might see it. I have an endless amount of insecurities about myself, and I suppose knowing that I was opening myself up to being watched and perhaps judged by many strangers was very daunting.


Anyway, those videos didn't seem to attract much attention at all (although I still left them uploaded on my channel) so I left Youtube alone after that, until yesterday!


On a bit of a whim, I decided to give it another go. I felt much more comfortable in front of the camera this time, as I knew what to expect, and I thought through what I wanted to say more thoroughly beforehand. I know it isn't perfect, but I'm quite proud of myself for having the confidence to do it, so thought I would share it with you all on here (:


So here it is... my Lush Haul!




I plan to do more videos in the future, but I think finding the time to do them might prove tricky as I'm currently in my final year of University. Hope you enjoyed watching this (: 

19 comments:

  1. Just watched your video and I really think you should keep doing it. Everybody needs some practice and I think you will do great! I really enjoyed watching it.

    xo Mélane
    Selfhelp | Inspiration | Positivity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's very kind of you to say, thank you (: I've just had little look at your blog and I really, really like it - love the thought behind it (:

      Delete
  2. I love it! Keep up the videos, they're so much fun and you're so good at it! :D

    Sharlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you (: that really means a lot to me!

      Delete
  3. First time I recorded a video it felt so weird that I never got the courage to finally upload it! You look amazing!
    Hope 2014 will be an amazing year!
    xo
    Anastasia
    http://natbeesfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It is really nerve-wracking, but hopefully practice will make perfect haha (: have an awesome 2014!

      Delete
  4. Great video, you should keep doing them! :)

    sophie-said.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy new year! It is awkward at first but it's fun :D

    http://perlasancheza.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it really is haha, but I enjoyed it (I think!). Happy New Year to you too, have a great 2014 (:

      Delete
  6. Nice to see that you are giving YouTube a go! I have a few videos up myself, but I need to get more motivated to do them more often. Keep it up!

    www.emmaofthehour.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, finding the time to film & edit can be tricky so it can be hard to make the effort haha (:

      Delete
  7. great haul :)

    http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/4602025

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your blog
    followed
    http://minimaysi.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love you blog cant wait to read more!
    ~XOXO Emmie
    http://totallyemmie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete